Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I Can't Feel My Face When I Listen to You






 The Weeknd has become a popular name this passed year starting with his 50 Shades of Grey hit  " Earned it." In the month of June, all three of his radio hits were on the Billboard Top 100 and he's making a big name for himself. With that said, he dropped his new album " Beauty Behind the Madness" on August 28th. Coming from a big The Weeknd fan, I was a little worried of how this new album would be considering he is now a more popular name which would make his normal 5 minute vulgar ballads into 3 1/2 minute, top of the charts, pop tunes. I can tell you though that I've been listening to this album on replay since it dropped. There are some incredible, unpredictable songs featuring some amazing artists like Lana Del Ray and Kanye West, making this album just as good as Trilogy. Granted, his slow burning ballads are not quite the same, he still stuck to his vulgar sexual lyrics but has evolved in a beautiful way.

Listening to this album has made him on my must-see list as I prepare for his headlining show at Austin City Limits Festival. Not to mention his first ever performance on MTV's The VMA's where he performed his hit " I Can't Feel My Face" and was definitely one of the better acts of the night.  I've seen him before but never like this and it makes me excited for what the future holds for The Weeknd.

I would rate this album at 3 1/2 out of 5 stars. I hope all music fans out there enjoy this album just as much as I am!

- Blaze

No comments:

Post a Comment