Thursday, September 24, 2015

Decadence Releases Stacked Lineup

This exciting New Year's Eve festival in Denver, Colorado spent the last two days announcing a new artist to the lineup every 30 minutes for 5 hours of the afternoon. Let me tell you, it made for a stressful two days to see each name slowly get released.

They started with a big room house DJ Hardwell. I'm not too excited about this only because of my music preference. When I go to see a DJ, I want to see a lot of original material and not someone who samples other people's music while screaming " 3 2 1 JUMP!" every 15 minutes. Big room house is just not my cup of tea.

Then some smaller name acts got added that I was a little excited for like The Floozies and JackLNDN.

It was when they started announcing the harder hitting names when I was jumping out of my seat with excitement. Names like Figure, Black Tiger Sex Machine, Excision, and Odesza. The headlining act of the first night is one of my favorites as well as hundreds of thousands of more, Bassnectar. And honestly, you can't celebrate the New Year in Colorado without expecting Bassnectar to make an appearance.

Next day, the stress was real because this day was the deciding day on if my friends and I would for sure be spending our New Year's in the city of Denver. They announced Gramatik, who I am always down to see, What So Not, Galantis, and a few other names I was unfamiliar with. At this point, my entire friend group was torn. Decadence was good but not stacked like we were promised and there were other festival opportunities with a better lineup.

Shortly after they announced ticket prices and when they would be going on sale, along with two more BIG announcements to make this lineup better than the rest. My friends and I were throwing names out like Pretty Lights, Above & Beyond, all of our hopeful favorite headliners. I was hoping it was Pretty Lights and Deadmau5 considering it's been years since I've seen Pretty Lights and Deadmau5 is one of my all time favorites.

The first announcement was the Skrillex and Diplo duo, Jack U. No one was thrilled about this. Skrillex is a great producer and a talented artist and him alone or with his other duo, Dogblood with Boys Noize, is fantastic. Unfortunately Diplo is not that great. To me, he's tainted the eletronic music industry and is not that great of a DJ. When it comes to producing his own music, he's great; but, he's cocky and a misogynist and you can see it all over his social media and his performances. So I will be Skipping out on Jack U solely because of Diplo.


Finally the last name was released. I couldn't handle it, I screamed, immediately sent it to all my friends, and then screamed some more because my hopeful guess became true. The last name they released, the producer who will be bringing in the new year is... Deadmau5! Excitement is now in the air in my group of friends and the decision was unanimous that we were not missing out on this festival. Planning has already started and we are only in the month of September.

We have yet to see any other New Year's Eve festival lineup drop to compare to Decadence, but as of now there is now comparing and our minds are set.

I can't wait to be in Denver once again to ring in the new year!

-Blaze

No comments:

Post a Comment