Thursday, November 19, 2015

Lineup after Lineup after Lineup

This week there were huge festival announcements. The Hangout Fest in Gulf shores, Alabama and Firefly in Dover, Delaware announced their lineups on Tuesday and Wednesday this week.  Seeing that both festivals are owned by the same company called Golden Voice, this is not surprising. They are stacked with incredible artists and causing a hype since these lineup releases have come out before Coachella, which never happens. Coachella has always been the first to announce their lineups because they are the first to start the ' festival season' and start the excitement with people guessing which of the artists performing there will be at a fest they're attending.  Not only did these lineups get announced, but the second wave of artists for the inaugural Okeechobee Music Fest were also announced this week too.

 What is surprising is how early they dropped the lineups. Was this a sales strategy? Or was this a competitive strategy? I see it as more of a competition strategy. With so many different festivals in the U.S. that deliver the same artist experience, the earlier the announcement, the earlier the sales, the more likely the public will buy the tickets on impulse. I'm definitely guilty of impulse buying and this strategy does work.

Based on lineup, I would absolutely LOVE to go to Firefly. There are way more artists I've never seen, on top of some of my favorites. Location wise, The Hangout is your dream spot, right on the beach of Gulf Shores. Nothing like sitting in the sand with a tall boy listening to Leon Bridges, or Grimes.

Can I just go ahead and have my dream job so I can start my goal of hitting up all the fests?

No comments:

Post a Comment